Monday, June 9, 2008

First Blog Ever

This will be a blog about my experience at IUP so far. That is, when I actually write this. This is writing in a sense, but not in the sense that what I am writing will end up actually being this blog; hence, I am not actually writing this.

Okay, I liked that so much that I'm keeping. So now it exists in this weird space where it has an author and yet the author was able to truthfully declare, "I am not writing this." I like that.

But this a-here blog is meant to be about my initial experiences here at IUP, Indiana University of Pennsylvania. So here goes...
I got here a week early and thought that other people from my program might do the same. They did not. I thought I would use that time to find the local hangouts that I would grow to call my summer home: I did not. I thought I might order the MLB package on cable so that I could watch Red Sox games from Indiana. That I did. So my first week here, and the experience held there within, were... kind of boring. Yes, but kind of relaxing too. It was nice to be away from home. I find that I live more simply here, and that's a relief. I miss things and people from home, but I don't miss the constant feeling of worry that life can bring. I like worrying about what I have to read tonight and who will win the Sox game, and will I have time to finish a paper, and will the world ever come to grasp the concepts that I've been reading, concepts that this world, as it were, clearly needs to badly. Oh, and who am I? Am I supposed to now, like, share these ideas with said world? We'll see about that.

No comments: